Learning Stories Introduction
Learning stories are a great way to show children’s learning journey’s. Learning stories are used when you want to create a summary of children’s learning opportunities (or activities) that can be shared with parents (optional). These can be linked to your curriculum or framework and include a reflection section just for teachers.
Learning stories can be created via the school interface and the TeachKloud: Childcare App. This guide focuses on creating learning stories via the school interface. To learn about learning stories using the mobile app, click here.
What is Included in this Step-by-Step Guide?
- Creating a story
- Editing pre-defined questions asked in the learning story section
- Editing (including removal and /or download) a learning story
- Communicating with parents
Learning Stories: School Interface
There are four steps in the learning story section. All sections of the learning story are optional, except for the name of the story.
1. To create a new learning story, select ‘Learning Story’ using the navigation bar on your left-hand side. If you have already created a learning story, use the filter (right-hand side of your screen, in the learning story section) to segment by child, room or story name.
2. Select the pink button, “add new learning story”
3. Select a child/ren and answer the pre-defined questions
Tip: If you would like to remove or add to these pre-defined questions, use the navigation bar and select teachers > app configuration > learning story
Edit, Remove or Download a Learning Story
- To edit a learning story, use the navigation bar to select Learning Stories
- Find the relevant learning story or use the filters on the left-hand side of your screen to segment by child, room or story name
- Select the three grey dots beside (right) the learning story to edit, view, remove or download a PDF version of the learning story
Tip: Any learning stories that have been saved as a draft can be accessed by selecting the red button, “view stories”, at the top of your screen.
- Any previously created learning stories can be viewed in the learning story section. Teachers and parents can leave comments and parents can sign learning stories
- If a parent has signed a learning story, these will be viewable by selecting the three grey buttons next to the story you would like to view or when downloading a report. Any comments left by teachers or parents will also be displayed here
Tip: The reflection section is not visible to parents or included in any reports.